Ep 33 - Meet Melissa Connelly, CEO, OneGoal
In this episode you meet Melissa Connelly. Melissa Connelly is a first-generation college graduate who, in spite of starting high school in a truancy program, obtained three college degrees with a 4.0 GPA. She currently serves as the Chief Executive Officer for OneGoal, a national college access and success organization. In this episode we discuss:
- How being a first generation college graduate impacted her career choices.
- The impact that colorism has had on her career.
- Recognizing your own privilege.
- How being a wife also helps her as a CEO.
- How changing her perspective on a dichotomy that she created, selfish or selfless, set her family up for success.
- Why daily workouts have become one of her secrets to success.